audio blog - podcast

25 February 2008

Veni, Vidi... What?

I figured out I did not actually get to write so much about my Internet media profile in my two previous posts. So, people, here I come again! Just as boring and intrusive as this sleek dude on the photo above.  I just could not resist putting him here. Isn't he cute?

I have been using Internet for quite a while, I might say. It has been 11 years since I had my first PC with a 14400 baud-modem. I remember the login-script popping that used to pop-up upon every established connection. I remember downloading my first mp3 file. It was a U2 song from the concert in Sarajevo in 1997. if I remember well, the opening song was Mo-Fo, and this was my very first official media content downloaded from the Internet.

My media related web experience was limited to painfully long downloading of mp3 files, some of which I used in my radio shows during 1998 and 1999. Other than that there was the regular stuff like reading the written word from the Internet.

In 2000 my whole Internet suddenly broaden up due to my new job as an Internet researcher for a Thomson-Gale CID commercial company database. I was researching the Net 8 hours a day, finding the regular information direct from the company websites, as well as from the dedicated commercial databases, such as Security Exchange Commission and Hoovers among others. Sometimes in late 2000 I discovered that search engine with a funny name. It was Google. Despite the name weirdness factor, the search engine was fantastic, much better than then established engines as Yahoo!, AltaVista or Ask Jeeves!  (To be continued...)

0 comments: